Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Time for Landlubbin'

Hey guys!

Well, after three months with the William T Piquette, it's time for me to head home. The time I've had the privilege of being aboard this boat and part of this adventure has been incredible beyond words. I will be very sad to put my feet back on dry land and bid farewell to the crew.

There have been more cherished moments than I can even remember, let alone list, but for now I'll share a few snapshots of my favorite memories.

Fifteen Indonesian voices and four American voices cheering as the anchor chain was freed in Kisar. The fog rolling back from Kelimutu color changing lakes to reveal the deep craters and bright colors below. Lying next to Siswi the orangutan at Camp Leaky. Fifteen wild dolphins jumping simultaneously into the air as they raced our boat through turquoise waters. The smell of spices, incense and flowers that pervaded the streets of Singapore and Malaysia during Deepavali.

I cannot thank the crew, all the classrooms following us, and all the amazing people I've met on these travels enough. You've all made it amazing. Thanks for letting me live the dream.

And so, farewell!